RealGrade 5.0 is a full-featured spreadsheet-like grading application. I designed this tool to help myself and colleagues at SQU score, grade, manage and report students’ academic activates and grades quickly and efficiently based on the university grading scale. RealGrade 5.0 automates the tasks involved in documenting, managing, calculating and reporting grades, and provides a number of functions to produce attendance reports and course statistics useful in evaluating student performance and communicating results to students and administrators more effectively. As universities are moving toward the electronic and digital era with success, RealGrade 5.0 gives instructors the ability to spend more time planning instruction and less time having to do the time-consuming and traditional accounting work required when figuring scores and grades. Moreover, RealGrade 5.0 has the ability to produce standard and professional-looking print-outs with ease for the whole class or individuals. With proper training for instructors and full-utilization of RealGrade 5.0, all tracking and grading tasks can be accomplished by bushing a few buttons.
- Supports any grading scale and generate students’ grades automatically.
- Enables qualitative assessment of student performance.
- Attaches content and performance standards to grade sheets.
- Tracks student attendance with absence warning indicators.
- Has a built-in e-mail function for communicating grades with students.
- Facilitates total point and percent weight of scores and assignments.
- Generates course statistics for distributions, correlations and variances.
- Provides attractive print-outs for grade sheets, attendance sheets, course statistics, and grade reports.
Functions and Tools
- Add/import class lists from the university Student Information System or Excel spreadsheet.
- Create a new file, opening an existing file, and saving a current file.
- Add, remove and sorts a student list.
- Define and saving course-related information (e.g., semester, course title, instructor, and number of students).
- Link content standards to academic activities.
- Assess student performance based on performance standards.
- Categorize, defining total points, and weighting academic activities.
- Comment on students’ performance and scores.
- Generate course statistics with different types of charts;
- Create individual progress reports (grade card) for students.
- Send assessment results to students via the email function.
- Print out final grade sheets, attendance sheets, individual reports and course statistics.